Jennifer Kiesewetter, founding and managing member of Kiesewetter Law Firm, is a seasoned attorney in the field of employee benefits, encompassing qualified and nonqualified employee benefit plans, welfare benefit plans, and executive compensation plans. Ms. Kiesewetter's practice includes regulatory compliance and governance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA"), the Internal Revenue Code, and the Affordable Care Act ("ACA"), in addition to the other federal laws governing employee benefits and health care compliance. She is also an Adjunct Professor of Employee Benefits at University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law as well as at Christian Brothers University, where she teaches Bargaining & Negotiation as well as Human and Legal Aspects of Healthcare Mgmt. Additionally, Ms. Kiesewetter is a frequent writer and speaker on the topic of employee benefits, health care compliance regulatory law, and human resources law.
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Lawyers 2016-2018"Best Law Firms" KLF has received a metropolitan tier 2 ranking designation in the practice areas of employee benefits (ERISA) law and litigation (ERISA).
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation - ERISA, 2013-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2015-2018
- Adjunct Professor, University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Employee Benefits, 2009- present
- Adjunct Professor, University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Insurance Law, 2017- present
- Adjunct Professor, Christian Brothers University, Cohort MBA Program, Bargaining and Negotiations, 2017 - present
- Adjunct Professor, Christian Brothers University, Cohort MBA Program, Human & Legal Aspects of Health Care Management, 2017 - present
- Member, Leadership Memphis, Executive Class, 2013
- Mentor, Memphis Institute for Leadership Education (MILE), 2010-2011
- Kindle Award Recipient, 2011
- "Women to Watch," Memphis Minority Business Magazine, 2009
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Association for Women Attorneys
- Board Member, Common Table Health Alliance, 2012-2016
- Tennessee, 1999
- Mississippi, 2000
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Western, Middle and Eastern Districts
- Arkansas: Eastern and Western Districts
- Mississippi: Northern and Southern Districts
- U.S. Courts of Appeals
- 6th Circuit
- 7th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
EDUCATION & HONORS
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1999
- Recipient, Charles Hamilton Miller Legal Clinic Award for Excellency in Civil Advocacy, 1999
- Recipient, Hunton & Williams Outstanding Writing Award for Appellate Brief, 1997
- Member, Tennessee Law Review, 1997-1999
- Moot Court Board Member, 1997-1998
- University of Tennessee, M.S., Communications, 1995
- University of Florida, B.S., Telecommunication, 1992
LOVES TO DO IN HER SPARE TIME
She's a proud single mom who loves to take in SEC games with her college kids. She spends time traveling to New Orleans and Chattanooga to see both her daughter and son. In her "spare time," she travels, runs and spends time with her dogs She love to write and read and hopes to get down to Florida's 30A on a permanent basis.
Amy Ethridge, principal administrator at Kiesewetter Law Firm, is a lifelong Memphian. A large portion of her twenty-plus years in the legal community have been spent at boutique firms, which allow for a more “hands on” and creatively challenging environment than typical larger firms. It was during her tenure at one such boutique firm that she discovered how to incorporate her passion for the on-boarding, training and development of employees into her work as a paralegal.
While continuing to wear many hats at that firm, she graduated with honors from Park University with a B.S. in H.R. Management and is currently pursuing an MBA in IT Management from Western Governors University. She recently joined the Memphis Chapter of SHRM and is looking forward to becoming an active member.
In her spare time, Amy is an avid reader and enjoys watching movies and soaking up local music with her husband.