Helping You Mitigate Risk Through Human Resources Audits
The human resources team of any company is vital to the health and success of any business. To catch issues before they become problematic and costly, conducting internal human resources audits can benefit your company by identifying compliance issues and potential risks as early as possible. It pays to be proactive.
When you choose to partner with Kiesewetter Law Firm, PLLC, you will have an ally that can help you create an audit plan, perform audits, and identify risk.
What Is an HR Audit?
A human resources audit, or HR audit, is a comprehensive review of current policies and procedures, documentation, and systems, determining areas of improvement as well as identifying compliance with ever-evolving laws and regulations. Regular HR audits include reviewing:
- Employee benefits and compensation
- Employee relations
- Employee safety and training
- Reviews of employee handbooks and HR policies
- Recruitment, hiring and termination practices and policies
- Leave policies for all employees including leaves of absences, time off policies and FMLA policies
- Privacy regarding drug testing, HIPAA and data security
Why Conduct an Internal HR Audit?
Human resources professionals are consistently spinning a lot of plates. Because laws impacting HR departments are ever-changing, regular internal audits can ensure that companies are achieving compliance and mitigating risk. An internal HR audit can be extremely beneficial for the continued success and functionality of a business.
The findings of an audit can allow companies to:
- Assess HR contribution to the organization
- Improve any gaps in HR operations
- Create uniformed policies and procedures
- Verify compliance with current regulations
- Mitigate risk by identifying violations
Take Steps to Identify Risks With Our Assistance
The first place to identify possible inaccuracies and missteps is through internal auditing. We’ll help you create a process that is tailored specifically to your business. Call our Nashville-based office at 615-455-8106 or set up a consultation via our online form.