Helping You with Employee Benefit Plan Compliance
Businesses implement employee benefit plans to attract and retain top talent. However, most companies aren’t in the business of providing and maintaining benefit plans. They’re focused on their own organization and the services or products they provide. As such, compliance issues can easily crop up regarding retirement or health plans, leaving employers vulnerable to risk and liability.
At Kiesewetter Law Firm, PLLC, we have two decades of experience with employee benefit plan compliance. We help you maneuver through the complexities of operating your employee benefit plans as the workplace and the law evolves. We also work proactively, anticipating issues before they arise and mitigating any exposed risks.
Regulatory Compliance Services
As the laws change so rapidly with respect to employee benefits, we help you navigate these waters so that you achieve your benefits goals when it comes to your company and employees, while balancing real-world solutions with complex regulatory compliance. Employee benefits, including retirement plans and health plans, are complex, vulnerable to regulatory change, and in a state of continual flux. This puts employers in the difficult position of attempting to comply with fast-changing plan and fiduciary regulations, while avoiding potentially severe compliance fees. We advise our clients on a significant range of regulatory compliance issues, such as:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended (ERISA)
- Internal Revenue Code (IRC)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Medicaid / Medicare as it relates to employer-provided health care plans
- Controlled group and affiliated service group analysis
- Regulatory compliance, governance, correction and audit of plans with the Department of Labor (DOL), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and/or internal compliance, governance or audits with the client, as applicable
Work With Us to Ensure Compliance, Mitigate Risk and Resolve Issues
Whether you want your employee benefit plans reviewed for compliance to mitigate risk or you have been notified about an issue surrounding your retirement or health plan, we’re here to help. Located in Nashville, but serving clients nationwide, we offer alternative billing options and are available on a project-need or on-going basis. Call us today at 615-455-8106 or schedule a consultation using our contact form. We look forward to working with your team.